Italian literature course
Discover the masterpieces of the Italian literature!
Our Italian literature course is mainly based on monographic study of the most important authors of Italian literature, analysis of literary works and literary criticism.
During your studies you will explore the cultural context of the literature you read as well as its influence on other literature of the period, all while improving your fluency in oral and written Italian.
This course consists of 4 lessons in a Intensive Language Course plus 1 or 2 private hours on Italian Literature course each day.
The course is designed for those who have a passion and/or a professional interest in Italian literature.
The program can be personalized; contents can be decided by the students.
The program of the Italian literature course will include also:
- Twentieth-Century texts and Contemporary Italian Prose and Poetry: Pavese, Vittorini, Calvino, Pasolini, Sciascia, Tabucchi, Baricco, Umberto Eco, Montale, Quasimodo, Ungaretti;
- Modern Italian Literature: Svevo, Pirandello, Verga, Pascoli, D’Annunzio;
- Leopardi and the Italian Romanticism;
- Topics in Medieval Culture and Society: Dante’s The Divine Comedy, Machiavelli, Petrarca, Boccaccio and the Italian Novella;
- Commedia dell’Arte and Drama from Goldoni to Pirandello;
- Italian NEOREALISM in literature and cinema (with projection of the most representative films of the Italian Neorealism);
- Italian Renaissance: Leonardo da Vinci;
- Mediterranean Society and Culture (art, cinema, literature, folklore: through the anthropological analysis of the typical folk dance called PIZZICA);
- Society and politics in Italy;
- Cinema and Society in Contemporary Italy.
Starting dates: every 2 weeks
Duration: 1 or more weeks;
– 20 hours Intensive course + 5 hours in mini-groups or individual of Italian literature course per week
– 20 hours Intensive course + 10 hours in mini-groups or individual of Italian literature course per week
Dates e Prices