Our Plida preparation course
Our Italian language school has been offering courses for Italian certifications for years. With our Plida preparation course you will evaluate and improve your language skills (reading, writing, listening and speaking) necessary for you to pass successfully the Plida examination. Real exams in previous evaluations will be used during the Plida course.
The Plida preparation course will help you also to consolidate your grammar knowledge required for each level.
The Plida preparation course includes the general language course (intensive course) 1 or 2 individual hours per day of Plida preparation.
PLIDA is a certificate issued by the Dante Alighieri Society based on an agreement with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (n. 1903 dated 11/04/1993), which certifies the competence of Italian as a foreign language on a six-level scale.
Each level of the exam consists of four tests that assess basic language skills: listening, reading, speaking, writing. Each exam is divided into four tests that verify the above skills, with a duration that varies depending on the level
There are tests of six levels according to the levels in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- A1: the ability to use familiar everyday expressions aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type and to ask and answer questions about personal details. At this level of competence, interaction with Italian speakers can take place provided the other person is prepared to help.
- A2: the ability to communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on areas of most immediate relevance, such as personal and family description, shopping, local geography and employment.
- B1: the ability to understand written and spoken texts on familiar matters. At this level, one is able to engage effectively in a conversation as a tourist, to express opinions and to give simple explanations.
- B2: the competence in the language which is necessary in a traditional scholastic context (to register with school or universities), to pursue post-graduate learning (such as professional and training courses), as well as to prepare for work activities that involve interaction with the public. At this level, one can interact with Italian speakers fluently and spontaneously and use the language for work related activities in one’s own field.
- C1: a strong confidence with the Italian language and culture, such that it can be used in all working environments (professional, commercial, industrial and administrative). One can understand and produce a wide range of demanding, longer texts and recognize implicit meanings in complex writings such as literary works.
- C2: a high linguistic competence comparable to that possessed by an Italian cultured speaker and applicable in any and all professional settings. It is the level required to teach Italian as a foreign language and to qualify for professional assignments of a high degree.
Compare Plida levels with the levels of the other Italian certifications.
Examinations are held each year in two sessions (late May and late November) on dates established by the headquarters and valid for all Examination Centers.
To enroll at a certain level you do not need to pass a lower level.
Applicants for Plida certificate
Plida course and certificate is designed for people whose mother tongue is not Italian. All candidates can choose the level that they consider as closest to their level of skill: it is not necessary to have taken examinations at lower levels in order to enroll for a given level. Plida examinations at several levels can be taken during the same session.
Examinations are open to all: however it is advisable to contact the school secretariat in advance for information regarding preparation for the examination.
: every 2 weeks Starting dates
: 1 or more weeks Duration
Dates and PricesLessons: 25 hours per week