History of Italian art course
The history of Italian art course will focus on the study of the main artists and Italian artistic movements with analysis of the work. The history of Italian art course includes (on request) visits to museums, castles, exhibitions and archaeological sites.
For art aficionados, Italy is a paradise with an invaluable heritage of works and places: in Italy you will experience the greatest achievements in art, architecture and sculpture from the Classical World, to the Renaissance, the Baroque and contemporary art.
Why studying history of Italian art
The whole country is an open-air museum! Choosing a History of Italian art course in Italy with our Italian language school will be an unforgettable artistic and cultural experience, since most of the artistic works can be seen in the original places.
The program focuses on various aspects of history of Italian art, architecture and archeology:
- Prehistoric art in Apulia: Salentine dolmen and menhir, analysis of the several caves with graffitis and of the archeological finds (prehistoric Venus) discovered in the area
- A general outline of the History of Art and Architecture with the analysis of the most important Italian painters and architects (Giotto, Leonardo, Michelangelo, Canova, Brunelleschi, Donatello, Masaccio);
- Roman and Byzantine architecture: analysis of the Byzanthine church of St. Peter in Otranto and the Mosaic of the cathedral
Romanesque and Gothic: analysis of Castel del Monte (Unesco heritage)
- Renaissance architecture;
- Baroque: analysis of the Baroque style in Lecce;
- 20th-century architecture and contemporary architecture.
The program of the course can be planned with the instructor. In particular, if a student wants to increase his expertise in a specific area the lessons will be focused on the students’ needs.
Starting dates: every 2 weeks
Duration: 1 or more weeks;
– 20 hours of Italian intensive course + 5 hours in mini-groups or individual of Italian art course per week
– 20 hours of Italian intensive course + 10 hours in mini-groups or individual of Italian art course per week
Dates and Prices