Food and wine course in Italy
Our Italian language school offers food and wine course in Italy (Puglia). The course is aimed at lovers and connoisseurs of good Italian wine and also at those who work in the field of wine study and in the wine business.
Detailed program of the Food and wine course:
The course will introduce the student to the world of traditional Italian wine production and to several types of wine making methods, combining the study of the vocabulary with that of oenological tradition and with the various phases and techniques of cultivation and production. During the course you will analyze Italian wines, in particular wines from Apulia. Furthermore there will be a guided tour of a wine cellar. We will enter right into the heart of the business to understand the manufacturing processes in all their stages.
- Wine tasting
- Analysis of the more important Italian grape varieties.
- Cultivation strategies.
- Techniques of harvesting and treading.
- Techniques of wine making for red, white and rose wines.
- The method champenois, the method charmat and malolactic fermentation.
- Stabilisation, filtration and preservation.
- Refining in wooden casks.
- Aging of red wines.
- Matching wine with a meal.
- The art and techniques of tasting, from the choice of wine glass to the right temperature of the wine and to the organoleptic analysis.
Italian wine course + cooking course
You can combine the Italian wine course with 1/2 or 3 afternoons of cooking course.